Pink Parlour Festival at Santa Anita park 2011

Wow, this show was so awesome! This past weekend my cousin, my husband and I went to this show.  Our intent was to check it out and maybe talk to a few people.  In general to get an idea if this show would be one we would like to try and vend at next year.

We arrived a little late (work had to be finished first) so when we arrived it was going on 3 in the afternoon and the show had begun at 11 in the morning.  The first thing we noticed was that the parking lot was packed, a good sign.  Then as we walked in the gates we found that there were multiple things going on.  So, maybe there aren't as many people here as we first thought.  There was a food and wine event (looked yummy) and horse racing of course.  We were at a race track after all so that was expected.  Turns our our tickets gave us access to the show and the track and free race programs, a pretty good deal for five dollars.

To get to the Pink Parlour area we had to walk thru the middle of the food and wine group and thru the betting window area.  We already had our wrist bands when we got to the entrance so we were able to walk right in.  People who were there just for the races were buying tickets at the door to get in too so I think they probably paid more.

Right away it was sensory overload, pink everywhere and music playing pretty loud.  If you don't like music and crowds this isn't the show for you because it was pretty packed.  This was exactly what we were hoping for, lots of people most important, people buying.


Lot's of Steampunk but there was plenty of variety so if Steampunk isn't your thing don't be worried.  

From the ladies of www.nbbwear.com 

There was everything there from jewelry to handmade soaps, reproduction vintage style dresses, children's toys and clothing.

JM Tolman  http://www.etsy.com/shop/jmtolman 

We walked the whole show and overall the vendors seemed to be doing brisk business.  There were a couple of areas that were not as ideal but I think these could be overcome with the right eye catching displays.  I did take the opportunity to speak with a few of the vendors and everyone was very nice, definitely people I would want to be next to at a show.  We did note that there were some spots open, we were not sure if that was because vendors had to cancel or the spaces didn't sell.

Similar to any show these days there was a lot of jewelry but there was a good variety and every table was different.  I didn't notice any ceramics but I could have missed them because it was pretty busy and I did pass by some spots that were really packed.

One booth that was surrounded both times I walked by and I just had to get a photo of because it was so nicely done.  I'm sure they were wondering what I was up to with the camera.


I was holding my camera up overhead to get these because there
were customers surrounding them the whole time I was there.

I bought rosemary infused gluten free almond brittle from them.

Absolutely, this is a show we want to vend at.  My head is spinning with ideas.  We have a ton of work to do before we can work a craft show.  It's a good goal for us though.  Craft shows like this one are not your grandmothers craft show.  It's a whole new rock and roll world of crafting.  I love it!

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about this show, just leave me a comment and I will answer as soon as I can.  You can also find a lot more photos of the show here  photos

If you happen to be one of the vendors in the photos let me know if you would like me to label the photo with your store info.





4 comments:

2justByou said...

It looks like you had soooo much fun! You're so right...Craft shows are awesome! It's a future goal of ours too. I know they're fun, because I used to work them a few years back. It's a lot of work, but so much fun at the same time. Not to mention everything you LEARN. =)
I'm glad you had a great time.
~Kim

Re-Purpose History said...

Thank you! I thought I would have a lot of responses to this post because many people were asking about it. You're the first so thank you. I was beginning to think I wrote a bad post :(

Natural Born Beauties said...

Great blog! Craft fairs are super fun!!! Im one of the vendors in your images, the two ladies and the Natural Born Beauties booth. www.nbbwear.com ;D

Jesslabelle Avelar

JMTolman said...

Great post and thanks for including my booth! Mine is the one you labeled "Original Art". My shop can be found here: http://JMTolman.Etsy.com Could you please link me?

Thanks again!
JM